Welcome to Swim Starz Swimming Lessons
We are very proud of our popular Swim Starz programme, and here’s why!
With up to 75 classes a week, we’re bound to have a class to suit your busy lifestyle. We offer lessons for all ages and abilities ranging from our Aqua Starz, which is designed for children under 4 through to our Active Adults Programme. Our lessons are great value too starting at only £50.00 for a 10 week payment period.
Our Welcome Pack includes details of the full year’s term dates and enrolments, payment options and an easy to understand guide to our programme so that you can follow your child’s progress through the Scheme.
The Swim Starz scheme operates in partnership with the swimming governing body, Swim England and all Swim Starz lessons adhere to the Swim England National Plan for Teaching Swimming to ensure that we maintain the highest standards of tuition and customer service. Watch your children learn and progress through the scheme collecting badges and certificates on the way. We have a number of exit options for the children when they outgrow the lessons or want to try something different, such as the our Rookie Lifeguard Programme and Richmond Dales Amateur Swimming Club who deliver a number of their sessions at Catterick Leisure Centre.
Aqua Starz & Swim Starz:
Stages 1 & 2, 30 minute lessons £50.00 per term
Swim Starz: Stages 3 – 7, 45 minute lessons £6.00 per term
Rookie Lifeguards: 45 minute lessons £62.50 per term
A Direct Debit facility is available to help you spread the cost into manageable monthly payments.
- Assessments: Please speak to our reception team to book a swim assessment with one of our Swim Starz Teachers. The teacher will identify the most suitable stage for your child (based on age/ability).
- Application: Once we have identified an appropriate stage for your child our reception team will check class availability and help you enrol on to the Swim Starz programme. You will be asked to complete an application form which will be held on record at the centre.
- Enrolments: New swimmers can enrol onto the Swim Starz programme at any time.
- Waiting list: If we are unable to offer a suitable class immediately, you can place your child onto our waiting list and our reception team will contact you when spaces become available.
- Progression: Swimmers who successfully complete the outcomes for a stage will be given an award slip by their teacher.
- Awards: Certificates and Badges can be purchased from reception.
- Paying by Direct Debit: Customers who pay by Direct Debit will be automatically enrolled onto the next term.
- Paying on a Term by Term basis: Existing swimmers paying for the term as a single payment can enrol for the next term during the last two weeks of each term (week 9 and 10). Subject to class availability.
Customers are reminded that places are limited and enrolments will be based on a first come first served basis.
Our fantastic Swim Starz teachers are all ASA qualified and attend regular training courses as part of their continuing professional development to keep them up to date with the very latest swimming trends and methods.
- Our teachers undertake on-going training and keep up to date with the latest techniques and teaching methods.
- The ASA recommends that pupils are prepared for all aquatics disciplines and must develop skills that will ultimately lead to competence in lifesaving, water safety, synchronised swimming, water polo as well as the traditional swimming stroke technique.
- Stroke techniques are not included in the early NPTS stages and teachers will concentrate primarily on developing water confidence and the fundamental aquatic skills including; entries, independent movement, balance, buoyancy and co-ordination.
- Teachers will use a variety of delivery methods including peer learning, guided discovery and learning through play. Our teachers will occasionally teach from within the pool to demonstrate techniques and offer support.
Note: Progression in swimming can seem slow. Offering your child additional practice opportunities between lessons will help your child progress.